Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thinking about another baby

Linus is, not me. I mean, I think about it sometimes, but I think I've come to the conclusion that we just can't fucking afford it. But last night Linus asked me, "Where are the babies before they're in the mommies' tummies? Like, when you're zero?" I did a bunch of hand waving about how mommies have little tiny eggs in them, like little seeds, and under the "right conditions" *wink*..blah de blah, etc. Then this morning as he watched me changing Luna he announced that he wants another baby and he wants to name her Butterfly.

Me: That's a nice name, honey. But, what if we had a boy?
Linus: No, I want a girl.
Me: But you can't always control that and you could get a brother. What then?
Linus: (thinks about it...) Then we could name him Luna!
Me: Luna? Wouldn't that be a little weird having both a sister and brother named, "Luna"?"
Linus: No, not really.

No comments: