Friday, November 18, 2005

Let's never do that again, k?

The stitches are out. There was lots of boohoo-ery, but I think it wasn’t as bad as putting them in. The Peeps was obviously not pleased to see the doctors and nurses. And I don't blame him a bit. No drugs this time, but that meant wrapping him up to hold him still. He absolutely hated it and cried and hollered. It sucked to watch, but only lasted a couple of minutes. I think the crying was more about not liking the situation rather than it hurting, though I think the last stitch did hurt a little. It was tied pretty tight and the nurse had to pull it a little to clip the knot. He got himself pretty worked up, but calmed down as soon as I could pick him up. There’s nothing sweeter than his little arms around my neck and his head nestled on my shoulder. Makes us both feel better.

Immediately after, I realized that I should’ve tried nursing him while they removed the stitches, instead of wrapping him. It probably would have worked better that way. Less stressful for him. Well, for all of us really. Fat lot of good it does to think of it after. It annoys me that I didn’t think more clearly about it at the time, and also that the nurses didn’t suggest it. I’m such a rookie.


No comments: