Tuesday, November 15, 2005

V is for vim

So, here is a picture of the most impressive wound. It’s not horribly graphic, but I didn’t want to confront the unprepared with grossness. (Yes, he's pretending to talk on the tv remote. I wish I could say he's woozy from the Incident, or something, but no, he does it all the time. *sigh*)

Unfortunately, I suspect that this won’t be our last trip to the emergency room with this one. He is Danger Baby. No fear. He goes headlong into everything. When he was learning to walk up and down stairs, for example, he refused to go backward downstairs. He always wanted to walk forward. I’ve seen plenty of babies on stairs and they all seem to do that backward crawl thing down the stairs. Not DB. Face first. Trouble! Fortunately, the house we just moved into doesn’t have any stairs. Much better than our old house with a big ol’ flight of stairs, with odd rise sizes no less! I fell down those stairs myself more than once.

I sincerely hope that our future isn’t full of more stitches and broken bones and whatnot, but I fear it may be. Of course, all parents of toddlers are constantly on guard - toddlers aren’t about Safety First.

So, we have to go back to the doc in a couple of days to have the stitches removed. Not looking forward to that, though on the bright side, no ketamine! That’s something anyway. They assure us that removing the stitches won’t hurt at all. Really?? I’m dubious.

No comments: