Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Music Appreciation

Linus came home from preschool today and showed me this:


"I wrote this song for you! It goes like this...", and he proceeded to sing it for me. I just about died, it was so awesome! I asked him to sing it for me again so I could record it. Ladies and Gentlemen, Linus' vlog debut:




How great is that?! I especially like how he's actually reading it. Here is the drawing on the other side of the song; it's me and Linus under a rainbow, apparently:


Linus likes to draw his rainbows in a sort of cross-sectional view.

I was driving Linus to preschool a couple of days ago. His preschool is next door to where I work. The last few minutes of the ride he was quiet, obviously lost in thought. Once we'd arrived, as we were getting out of the car we had this conversation:

Me: What were you thinking about, Honey? The zoo? Or lunch?
Linus: I was thinking about flyer shoes.
Me: Fire shoes?
Linus: No, FLYING shoes. Like shoes that would fly, that would be like whoosh! and I would fly me up, up, up into the sky.

So, I'm not really concerned about him lacking imagination or creative drive.

In case you thought I was kidding about Linus' hat+undies bedtime wardrobe, I have picture proof:




He's half-heartedly perusing his shirt drawer because I asked him to consider wearing more. In the end he opted to go with just the pictured ensemble.

No comments: