Saturday, December 03, 2005

Good baby lovin'



Linus loves to walk around with one foot in things. Boxes, big-people shoes, whatever. He likes to get an Altoid tin stuck on the bottom of his foot and clomp around with it. Weird, but funny. Not something I was expecting.

Before you have a toddler, it sounds like it's something you have to brace yourself for. Tantrums, the terrible-twos, and all that. There's some of that, but it turns out, toddlers are awesome! Really. Here's the thing - your toddler loves you more than anything, and isn't shy about showing it. This means that about every half hour or so, Linus comes over to me and gives me a big, baby hug, then goes on about his business. Best. Thing. Ever. Just, "Hmm, hmm, hmm, playing with my blocks. Oh! Better go make sure Mom still loves me and knows that I love her! Fhew. Hmm, hmm, hmm."

I don't know how long this stage is going to last, but I'm eatin' it up while I can.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I totally agree, I'm soaking up all the baby hugs and kisses I can too, since I hear it doesn't last forever.
My daughter does the same thing - she loves to clomp around with a plastic ring on her foot. Or anyone's shoes execpt her own.