Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Meeeerrrrrry Christmas!

Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit like listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas album (or more accurately, The Vince Guaraldi Trio, "A Charlie Brown Christmas")! Seriously. I've been lamenting my complete lack of holiday enthusiasm lately, but I'm shuffling my iPod and "Christmas Time Is Here" came on. Poof! I'm the Ghost of Christmas Present! Come closer man, and know me better!



It seems harder and harder, year by year, to get into the holiday swing. Maybe it's due to the fact that we always seem to be going somewhere else for Christmas, so we don't have up any decorations, or a tree, or anything. Well, that's not completely true - Orionjob finally caved after much whining and moaning on my part and put up two fir boughs and one string of lights. Better than a poke in the eye, I guess, but not particularly overwhelming. Also, I do almost all of my shopping online these days. Used to be that I'd spend a day or two in downtown Seattle shopping. What with the lights, and the holiday bustle, and the eggnog lattes, you couldn't really help but succumb to the festive atmosphere.

Oh well, I've know the secret now! I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

No comments: